|A New Beginning for the Galaxy|
|Air Date (JP)||
March 28, 1981
|Air Date (UK)||
April 16, 1983
A New Beginning for the Galaxy (銀河新世紀元年 ginga shinseiki gannen) is the twenty-fifth (twenty-fourth in English) and final episode of Star Fleet. It aired on March 28, 1981 on Fuji TV in Japan and April 16, 1983 on ITV in the UK.
|Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.|
Two thirds of Star Fleet Command's installations are destroyed, as well as the majority of its ships. General Kyle calls X-Bomber and tells them it's only a matter of time before they are defeated. X-Bomber and the Skull race toward Earth. Lamia awakens from her sedation, unable to remember her encounter with the Imperial Master, and Professor Hagen informs her of the situation.
The Imperial Master appears before them in a hologram in space. telling X-Bomber that the Earth may escape total annihilation if they execute Lamia. They refuse and Hercules replies by firing X-Bomber's laser torpedoes at the hologram in frustration. Lamia offers to surrender her life, but the crew refuses. The Skull hears the ultimatum and contacts X-Bomber and plans for them to attack the Master's Fortress as he will draw his forces against them, as he is more interested F-01 than Earth. Lamia demands to be taken along, though the pilots initially refuse, Halley and Professor Hagen persuade them otherwise.
The pilots launch in the Dai-X fighters as Lamia and Kirara are transferred aboard the Skull. The plan to draw the Imperial Planet toward them succeeds and the pilots Dai-X Junction. The Imperial Master sends out fighters to meet Dai-X, which opens up with eye beam lasers and the laser cannons. Hercules uses Dai-X to punch fighters out of the sky, and Lee opens up with the foot mounted laser.
The Imperial Master detects the Skull closing in and orders out more fighters to engage the Skull, as he apparently believed that Halley was dead. Back at Star Fleet Command, General Kyle notices that the Master has withdrawn his assault and take notice of the Dai-X in space, X-Bomber has reached them in time. Dai-X is easily managing to destroy the Imperial fighters, the Skull on the other hand is under heavy attack and Kirara, acting as a gunner, is shot and blasted into space. Heavily damaged, with the majority of its crew dead, the Skull is only saved when the Dai-X destroys the last few fighters. Dai-X then sets off to assault the Imperial Planet itself.
Dai-X closes to point blank range on the Imperial Master's planet and fire X-Tracers. After taking a hit that disables the torpedo launcher, Hercules uses the Breast Cannons, bombarding the fortress. The Imperial Master orders the Delta Laser used against the Dai-X, damaging it and knocking out the pilots, leaving her tumbling through space.
All seems lost to Professor Hagen, P.P.A. and General Kyle, and the Imperial Master is quick to declare his victory. However, Lamia and Halley stand on the deck of the Skull as the new millennium dawns with the planetary alignment - it is finally the dawn of the year 3000. Halley and Lamia merge and the Skull vanishes in a blinding light. The reborn Lamia confronts the Imperial Master's on the bridge of his Fortress as the F-01. The Imperial Master defies her and orders another assault on Earth, and attacks her using a sword. Lamia flies around the room evading the Imperial Master and replies to him firing energy beams from her head dress. He fires energy bolts at her from his eyes but she uses her staff as a flamethrower at him.
Finally the sword and staff meet and the resulting detonation destroys the Imperial Fortress Planet. F-01 survives, and Shiro, Hercules and Lee recover consciousness aboard Dai-X. Lamia as F-01 bids goodbye to the people of Earth and crew of X-Bomber, saying she wants to stay, but she must use her power throughout the universe to guarantee a lasting peace. She thanks everyone individually for protecting her.
F-01 vanishes and the pilots say their own goodbyes, and Dai-X returns to fly alongside X-Bomber. Professor Hagen thanks Dr. Benn and Captain Carter for the sacrifices in the fight against evil. X-Bomber and Dai-X fly alongside each other back to Earth in triumph… champions of Star Fleet command. The Narrator ends the series with a hook questioning whether or not eternal peace can be guaranteed in a universe that can allow the viciousness of the Imperial Alliance… Only time will tell.
- Captain Halley - "My life and spirit dwell in your body."
- Lamia - "To the people of the Earth and the crew of X-Bomber, our great fight is finally over. You were all my guardians, and now it is the start of a new century. I wanted to stay on Earth, but it is my duty to bevote myself to the universe and use my new power to ensure an everlasting peace. My dear Professor Hagen, Shiro, Hercules, Lee, PPA, peace be with you. I'll cherish your memory. Goodbye. Goodbye."
- Shiro Hagen - Lee, Hercules, she's gone. I'll never forget her."
- Barry Hercules - "So long, my pretty goddess."
- Professor Hagen - "Thank God they're safe. Thank you, Lamia. Dr. Benn, Captain Carter, you sacrificed your lives so that we could embrace this new millennium of peace and fulfilment. The Earth would have been destroyed, but for your great courage, my good friends. Dr. Benn, Captain Carter, now you may rest in peace. PPA."
- PPA - "Sir?"
- Professor Hagen - "Home to Star Fleet Command!"
- PPA - "Hooray! We're going home!"
- Narrator - "The universe greeted the dawn of a new millennium. The crew of X-Bomber and Dai-X return to Earth in triumph. Shiro, Hercules and Lee champions of Star Fleet Command. But can eternal peace be guaranteed in a universe that can allow the viciousness of an Imperial Alliance? Only time will tell."
|Character||Japanese Voice||English Voice||French Voice|
|Termoids||Masaharu Satō||Sean Barrett||Marc François|
|Imperial Councilman 1||Kenichi Ogata||John Baddeley|
|Imperial Councilman 2||Masaharu Satō||Sean Barrett||Christian Alers|
|Communications Officer||Naoki Tatsuta||Garrick Hagon||Frédéric Pieretti|
|Skull Crewman||Masaharu Satō||Marc François|
Earth Defence ForcesEdit
- Imperial Fortress Planet
- Imperial Fighters
- Stock footage from the Pilot, Scramble X-Bomber, Super Powerful Imperial Alliance Fleet, Find F-01, Wipe Out the Transport Fleet, The Mysterious Ship, Skull, Our Mortal Enemy is Captain Carter and Lamia: Girl of Destiny is used.
- The sequel series hook is given in the English series. Originally, with the success of the English dub, Louis Elman was able to get backing for a sequel series to be produced, only for the bad news from Jin Productions that the original sets and puppets were destroyed in a fire.
- In addition, Go Nagai also states that ideas for a second series were thrown around, though realistically none of them got any further than hearsay.
- When the Imperial Fighters launch from the Imperial Fortress, the sound of the Imperial Drone craft is present, though none are seen.
- Halley at one point states "the 20th Century is almost over", but if it is the dawn of 3000, then it is the end of the 30th Century.