|Born|| December 1, 1924|
|Died|| April 25, 2001 (age 76)|
|Occupation||Actor, Voice Actor|
Jean-Paul Coquelin (December 1, 1924-April 25, 2001) is a French actor. He was the grandson of noted French actor Benoît-Constant Coquelin. He briefly provided the voices of Admiral Karzul and King Artus in the French Dub, Bomber X, replacing Christian Alers before Alers resumed the role.
He joined French Radio-Diffusion (future ORTF) in 1947 in the company of, and hosted by, André and Jean Serge. He did a series on Coquelin, my grandfather, on French Radio between 1950 and 1953. He played in Edmond Rostand's Chantecler live with Pierre Dux. He participated until 1960 to more than three thousand recordings and radio plays.
During his lifetime, he made sure the memory of Coquelin was well-preserved by collecting and protecting everything that has touched the public and private life of his grandfather, his father and uncle. Living in Le Vésinet, he lent a great pleasure and pride of his many memories for the exhibition Coquelin, three generations of comedians organized in 1998 by the Historical Society of Rueil-Malmaison. He died on April 25, 2001 in Saint-Germain-en-Laye.
- Le colonel est de la revue (1957) as Victor
- Captain Blood (1960) as Vitry
- The Hole (1960) as Lieutenant Grinval
- Les choses voient (1963) as Juste
- Le trésor des Hollandais (1969) as Brignolle
- La canne (1972) as M. Canello
- The Blob (1958) as Sergeant Jim Bert (John Benson)
- Crack in the World (1965) as Steele (Mike Steen)
- Texas Across the River (1966) as Iron Jacket (Michael Ansara)
- Genshi Shōnen Ryū (1971) as Mahara and Smekadi
- Breakheart Pass (1975) as Pearce (Ben Johnson)
- Message from Space: Galactic Wars (1978) as Volcor
- Bomber X (1983) as Admiral Karzul & King Artus
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) as Splinter, Shredder & Casey Jones (Seasons 5-6 only)
- Bucky O'Hare and the Toad Wars (1991) as Chef des Krapos
- The Legend of Prince Valiant (1991) as Merlin
- Draculito mon Saigneur (1992) as Gousse D'Ail