|Full Name|| P.P.A. (EN)|
P.P. Adamsky (JP)
|Affiliation(s)||Earth Defence Forces|
|Known Relatives||Dr. Benn (creator)|
|First Appearance||Scramble X-Bomber|
|Last Appearance||A New Beginning for the Galaxy|
|Voice Actor(s)|| JP: Yūji Mitsuya|
EN: John Baddeley
How long P.P.A. has been in service is unknown, though according to Dr. Benn in the first episode, "he's been here for a very long time". Plainly not an android (a humanoid shaped robot), PPA can hover utilizing winglike panels on the side of its 'head', and is equipped with a retractable claw to lift heavy or awkward objects.
He possesses all data on the X-Project and X-Bomber as well as comprehensive data on all star systems throughout the universe. He is in charge of all navigation, mechanical systems checks and repairs.
Although he is a robot, he gets restless and short tempered. He becomes incredibly indignant when they don't follow his commands. Supercilious and snotty, PPA fails to understand the annoyance it generates in the rest of the crew, specifically Hercules.
He has a very annoying superior attitude to the rest of the crew, leading them to insult him and treat him insolently. His feelings are often hurt by this treatment, but he has brought it upon himself. Because he nags and issues instructions in a domineering tone, Shiro and the others give him a wide berth when they can but also have a quiet respect for his abilities. Also, rather cowardly, P.P.A. is mostly useful for falling and flailing on the floor in battle situations.
As time goes on, he becomes more humble and is accepted more by the crew. He respected and admired Dr Benn, greatly, and despite being a robot and supposedly without feeling, Lamia has stated she can sense there's more to PPA than being an emotionless robot.
- John Baddeley (English Dub)
- Sean Barrett (English Dub; Episodes 7-10 only)
- Yūji Mitsuya (Japanese Dub)
- Michel Elias (French Dub; Episodes 1-12)
- Marc François (French Dub; Episodes 13-24)
- Abdel Nasser Zayer (Arabic Dub)
- His Japanese name, although seemingly senseless, is a reference to George Adamski (1891-1965), a prominent figure in the UFO spotting community as one of the first people to claim to have sighted UFOs and made alien contact.
- From Episodes 7-10, P.P.A. seemed to be voiced by someone other than John Baddeley, as his voice sounded more like a poor imitation of Baddeley's voice for P.P.A.
- In the Pilot, P.P.A. lacked arms or his bottom pincher. His voice was also different here as well.
- In the French Dub, he is known both by P.P. Adamsky and P.P.A. for short.